|Cancer survivors park 2 (Photo credit: Loco Steve)|
- 1 in 14 Americans is diagnosed with lung cancer in their lifetime
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- Lung cancer kills almost twice as many women as breast cancer and more than three times as many men as prostate cancer
- About 55% of all new lung cancer diagnoses are among people who have never smoked or are former smokers
- Only 16% of all people diagnosed with lung cancer will survive 5 years or more, BUT if it’s caught before it spreads, the chance for 5-year survival improves dramatically"