The WPCA - Global Atlas of Palliative Care:
"Published jointly by the World Health Organization and the Worldwide Palliative Care Alliance, the Atlas is the first document to map the need for and availability of palliative care globally.
Using maps, graphs and case studies, and drawing on a wealth of resources, the Atlas addresses the following questions:
- What is palliative care?
- Why is palliative care a human rights issue?
- What are the main diseases requiring palliative care?
- What is the need for palliative care?
- What are the barriers to palliative care?
- Where is palliative care currently available?
- What are the models of palliative care worldwide?
- What resources are devoted to palliative care?
- What is the way forward"
Read the full article here